Esoteric Study & TRAINING
The first two grades (Student, and Probationer) are considered 'Outer-Grades' which means that courses can be undertaken by correspondence if one lives at a distance. Originally this Outer Order of the Society was called "The Eremiados Temple". These first two grades are focused on giving the aspirant a solid grounding in meditation and contemplative practice and the Philosophy and approach of the Guardians, while developing their personal spiritual practice, and gaining an overview of mysticism and the Qabalah/Kabbalah.
1. STUDENT (6 MONTHS)
- Meditative Relaxation Course (click here for further information) 2-3 Months
- Personal Practice: Foundation Meditation or Centering Prayer Meditation (20 Mins once, or preferably twice per day).
- Daily brief prayers/salutations for the Stations of the Spiritual Sun.
- The Little Office of the Guardians (Weekly)
- Course: The Qabalah of the Guardians - An Elementary Course in Technical Mysticism. (169 Page course. 12 weekly Lessons)
- Attend the Seasonal Chapel Services if you live in the Auckland or can travel .
2. PROBATIONER (12 MONTHS)
- Eremiados Lessons (6 Months / 13 Fortnightly packs of Lessons). Each pack contains knowledge, technique, ritual, and a philosophy papers: Magical Alphabets and Numbers, Mysticism, Sacred Geometry, The Tree of Life and The Sephiroth, The Qabalistic Cross, The Seven Worlds, Visualisation, Invocation and Evocation, Angelic Beings, esoteric exercises, The Tarrochi (Tarot), The Art of Memory, Seasonal and Daily Tides, Astrology and Planetary Lore, Axioms of High Magic, Consecrations etc.
- Course: Paths to Inner Awareness. Including Meditation in the Guardians Tradition, Techniques of Meditation, Visualisation, Breathing Exercises etc.
- Guardians Handbooks - 'Tides of Time: Cosmic Correspondences' & 'Astrological Magic' (12 Lessons/Chapters).
- Practical Tasks: Keep a spiritual journal and undertake a form of Volunteer Community Service.
- Attend the Solstice & Equinox ceremonies at the Sanctuary if you live within travelling distance.
The Third Grade (Apprentice) marks the point at which the student can be received into the Society as the Frater (Brother) or Soror (Sister) through a ceremony whereby the new apprentice receives the Habit/Robe and knotted cord of the Order.
3. APPRENTICE (Usually after approx 2 years)
- Guardians Handbooks: The Power of the Pentagram & its Rituals (2 Volumes. 21 Lessons/Chapters). Topics include: The Pentagram, Drawing the Pentagrams, The Sacred Pentagrammaton, God Names of the Pentagram, Creating God forms, Guardians of the Quarters, Building the Temple, Lesser Rituals of Opening and Closing, Magical exercises, Exorcism and Healing rites etc.
- Course: "Tarot and the Tree of Life". (24 Weekly lessons) 6 months.
- Course: The Way of the Great Work & The Keys of the Kingdom (Tarot, Hebrew Letters, Gematria)
- Ceremonies: Assist at Equinox/Solstice Rituals (General Ritual of the Pentagram) 4 x per year.
- Ritual Training: Learn and practice Consecrations, Invocations, Ritual etiquette, Working with Energy etc.
- Practical Task: Make/acquire, and consecrate a full set of ritual tools (wand, dagger, cup, pentacle, lamp, censor etc).
4. WATCHMAN (Usually after approx 3 years)
- Course: The Metaphysics of the Qabalah (12 Booklets) - Qabalah, The Tree of Life in the Seven Worlds, Ain Sof 'Or - The Limitless Light, The Worlds in Manifestation: Atsiluth, Arabah, Briyah, Yetsirah, Assiyah. The Names of God in the Tree of Life, Lessons on each of the Sephiroth, The Four Worlds.
- Course: Working with High Magic 7 Theurgy.
- Guardians Handbook: Cosmic Correspondences for Ritual Magicians. 11 Chapters/Lessons including: Doctrines of Correspondences, Numbers in the Western Mysteries, Planetary Energies, Sacred Geometry, Colour and Sound, Scents and tastes, music. Techniques of Daimonic (Divine) Magic.
- Group Involvement: Take office/active involvement in Solstice & Equinox Ceremonies.
- Monthly Personal Ritual practice for all Solar Ingresses - the 12 Signs of the Zodiac.
5. GUARDIAN (Usually after 5 years)
- Key Rituals: Assist at The Mass of the Holy Archangels in addition to the Solstice and Equinox ceremonies.
- Courses: "Working with High Magic" and Theurgy.
- Guardians Lessons: "The Mystical Quest, The Grail, The Alchemist's Work.
- Quest for the Holy Grail Lessons From "Les Chevaliers de la Rose et de La Croix”
- Church of the Graal / Guild of Master Jesus teachings, lessons and ceremonies (Dion Fortune).
- Rosicrucian Lessons, Manuscripts, practices, and teachings.
- Magical Retreat: 'The Mystic Quest' (Traditionally a Five day personal silent retreat)
- Optional/By Invitation: Ordination as a Priest or Healerin the Guardians Mystical Christian Tradition.
- Administrative Duties and Leadership of the Order .
- Empowerment and practices for Exorcism, Cleansing, and Spiritual Protection.
- Teaching and guidance of those in the lesser grades. Bringing out new knowledge.
7. SENIOR GUARDIAN or ABBESS
- The seventh Grade is generally only held by the Senior Guardian and the Abbess of the Society, but may be retained by previous Senior Guardians or Abbesses of the Society who had obtained that grade, even if they no longer hold the related position.